Tuesday, November 5, 2013

best pumpkins ever | Halloween 2013


these are by far the best, most fun, most creative pumpkins this family has collectively created.
and it didn't even involve scooping out pumpkin guts!

Materials:
*pumpkins of choice
*paint: in this case...yellow, blue, and purple
*canning jar lid rings
*poster paper for eyes
*hot glue gun
*black chenille stems for hair or wig pieces/feathers for evil purple minions
*newspaper and masking tape for painting and keeping surfaces protected

I can tell you it is a paint and wait, then paint and wait some more process.
The shortest time I've found is 2 days just to allow for things to set.
If you are like my youngest daughter, it will take you well over a week ;)

In the end, each one somehow reflected our personalities a bit. I smiled or chuckled every time I looked at them.
They are still on our porch because I can't take the thought of throwing them away right now!

our 2013 pumpkins will definitely go down in the scrapbooks!
of course!!

xo,


2 comments:

  1. AWEsome!! Love the minions, and glad you included the eeee-vil ones. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them!!! I've watched recently the movie and seeing your pumpkins makes me smile over and over again :))) Perfect faces :D

    ReplyDelete

leave some love