Thursday, March 27, 2014

3 layouts, 3 different ways | March 2014

This month at Two Peas in a Bucket, the theme has been Children.
Even though I have 3 beautiful girls to scrap, I did briefly toy around with the idea of scrapping
my dogs. :) They are our fur children, so to speak, and lots of scrappers don't have kids or their kids are grown.

I really like using a mood board to create pages. This month's board has lots of shades of green, along with pops of brighter colors, and the contrasting blacks and whites.

I know a mood board can seem overwhelming if you are trying to digest the whole thing, but my suggestion would be to ask yourself what your drawn to in certain images or colors and be INSPIRED by that! I am going to show you the 3 layouts I created this month that have very different looks to them, but are created from this mood board.

Layout #1: INSPIRED: laugh

You can see the colors that I used to pull this layout together in a light and fun way. I used the Speedball India ink to script my title and to make a cross hatch design for the main area of my background, then filled it in with various scrap pieces of paper. For the full supply list, visit my page
in the Two Peas in a Bucket gallery.



Layout #2: STORYTELLERS: the best gifts


I was challenged to use a pie chart to help tell a story. Rather than make it informational in nature, I decided to focus on the fun and goofy things that my girls do that are a gift to me. I kept the background neutral with the contrasting black and white paper from the Maggie Holmes' Flea Market collection by Crate Paper. Then I used scraps from the Oh Darling 6x6 pad, and other various scraps to make my pie chart. For the full supply list, go here. I loved using the pops of teals and pinks on this page!


Layout #3: CAPTURE: *just text me


The picture really says it all. We live in a technology filled time and texting is an integral part of that.
The background paper in the Lemon Lush line by Studio Calico helped to enforce the daily nature of my page. Add in a hash tag (formerly known as a number or pound sign) with some scripted text acronyms, plus some of the printables for this month and this is a pretty simple page. For this page, I focused more on the touches of purple and pink colors, and bit of teal. I also thought it was fun to turn the photo on the diagonal with the days of the week in the paper. Full supply list is at Two Peas in a Bucket.


So, you can see how I've created 3 very different pages with different looks and feels to them using the same mood board. I chose different areas of inspiration to guide my process.

How do you create? Mood boards? Colors? Photo centric inspiration? All of the above? ;)

Thanks for taking a look with me! March is almost over and I am hoping April will be bringing some warmer weather!!

Stayed tuned for my April digital calendar download soon!! See my March watercolor calendar here.

xo,

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that last layout is so gosh darn pretty. Call me inspired =D I can't wait to work on some traditional layouts after work tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These layouts are awesome!! I am totally loving ALL of them!

    ReplyDelete

leave some love