Tuesday, April 22, 2014

CAPTURED | BE fierce

Capturing moments that have chronological value isn't always at the forefront of my mind when I am creating a page. Of course, any documentation will always have significance of the time period and value in the future, but I am more about moments or being inspired by creativity, art, and design most of the time.
When I began thinking about something of chronological significance I immediately thought of my middle daughter's athletic performance NOW as opposed to this same time LAST YEAR.
Last year was a challenge in many ways--figuring things out, what works, and a lot of not knowing.
This year, she is a BEAST!
This page holds valuable documentation of her hard work, dietary changes, and perseverance to not only improve her performance, but overall health. Asthma and gluten intolerance hasn't been easy, but it has put her on a path of purpose in her life and I couldn't be more proud of who she is becoming as a result. She has truly taken charge of her health and well-being.

My page design is way different than usual. I wanted to incorporate colors from the photo with my patterned papers, and rather than go small with layers, I decided to go B I G with a split patterned background using paper from Basic Grey and Studio Calico.
(For a full list of supplies used:  see my page in the 2Peas gallery.)


I was also able to incorporate some fun mint green, using watercolors and gelatos on cut files, into the design to play off of the color of her new track spikes.


I ended up with a page that I loved because I challenged myself to do something different, but more importantly because I documented this turning point for my daughter.
I am SO proud of her and everything she has done, and a little jealous that the track star gene skipped a generation with me! ;)
Track meets are long, but watching her run brings me joy and is worth every moment.

Thanks for looking!

xo,

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome (both the layout and the focus). I like the background idea a lot.

    ReplyDelete

leave some love