Wednesday, May 7, 2014

my heart. my strength | INSPIRED

The theme this month at Two Peas in a Bucket is History/Heritage.
I decided to take a twist with my moodboard INSPIRED layout. This page tells the story from a perspective of what I want most for my daughters. When I think about it in totality, I want SO much for my daughters!! Every parent wants for their child, but I what I want most is for them to possess is STRENGTH in life.
To be confident in who they are, to not settle, to stand up for what they believe in, to say I am sorry when they know they are wrong or wronged others, to be kind and loving, to cry when they are hurt because it's OK, to live their dreams, to let go of others or things that hold them back. I think strength  comes in many forms and is defined in many ways for each individual--mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical.

My layout is based off of this month's moodboard at Two Peas in a Bucket.




I challenged myself to use watercolors to script paint this quote directly on my page!!
I was a bit nervous. I LOVE how it turned out and this is one of those pages that tugs at my heart every single time I look at it. I love everything about it!

I used some of the digital die cuts to embellish my page, keeping the look colorful and bright yet simple.

I am pretty sure that this page will go in a frame somewhere in my house. My girls have already commented on how much they like it! :) Makes my heart even happier.

This is exactly why I am a keeper of memories!

Thanks for stopping by!

xo,

1 comment:

leave some love